The DDLS - Animal Pathology manual describes the full range of tests offered, information on sample collection, fees for service and service fee exemptions. For a copy of the manual, call +61 (0)8 9368 3351. Our office hours are 08:30 am to 04:30 pm Monday to Friday.
All services are offered on a full cost-recovery basis in line with national competition policy. Fees and charges are reviewed annually.
Service fee exemptions apply to suspect exotic and reportable diseases, specified diseases and government approved programs and outbreaks of diseases likely to provide new information or an improved understanding of animal health in WA. See the Animal health surveillance and disease control forms webpage or contact your local DPIRD vet for details of subsidised programs.
Submissions must be accompanied by the DDLS - Animal Pathology submission form, which is also available by calling +61 (0)8 9368 3351.
Our contact details
|Physical delivery address||Mailing address||Telephone/fax|
DDLS - Animal Pathology
DDLS - Animal Pathology
+61 (0)8 9368 3351
+61 (0)8 9474 1881
To report suspicion of an emergency/ reportable animal disease:
- contact your local DPIRD vet or
- call the Emergency Animal Disease (EAD) hotline number on 1800 675 888.
Note: the EAD hotline is not for general agriculture enquiries.
DDLS - Animal Pathology is an AS ISO/IEC 17025 NATA Accredited Laboratory - Corporate Accreditation Number 13724.
DDLS - Animal Pathology is accredited in the field of veterinary testing for the following classes of tests:
- bacteriology including aquatic bacteriology
- microbiology (terrestrial and aquatic animals), mycology
- other micro-organisms
- serology of infection
- clinical chemistry
- anatomical pathology
- prion disease lesions
- molecular diagnostics and
DDLS - Animal Pathology offers a range of diagnostic, research and advisory services across a number of scientific disciplines including:
- disease diagnosis and investigation in terrestrial and aquatic species
- veterinary pathology - including necropsy, histopathology and electron microscopy
- veterinary microbiology - including bacteriology, virology, mycology and mycobacteriology
- veterinary biochemistry - including analytical services in clinical chemistry, nutrition and toxicology
- veterinary parasitology
- veterinary molecular diagnostics.
Our testing services support:
- diagnosis of disease in domestic animals, wildlife and aquatic species for both private and government clients
- health certification of animals destined for live export from Australia
- disease status testing of animals imported to WA
- control of endemic animal diseases
- targeted surveillance to support risk assessment and zone freedom from animal diseases in WA
- research and development capability to support animal health and production programs.