Seasonal Climate Outlook

The Seasonal Climate Outlook (SCO) is a monthly newsletter that summarises climate outlooks for the next three months produced by DPIRD's Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system specifically for the Western Australian grainbelt, and by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. It provides a review of recent climate indicators, including ENSO (El Niño Southern Oscillation), the Indian Ocean Dipole, the Southern Annular Mode, as well as local sea surface temperature and pressures systems. At appropriate times of year it also includes an overview of the rainfall outlook for the growing season produced by the SSF.

Seasonal Climate Outlook December 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating generally a neutral, 40-60%, chance of exceeding median rainfall for summer, December 2018 to February 2019 for the South West Land Division (SWLD).

Seasonal Climate Outlook November 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for November 2018 to January 2019 for the northern grainbelt and south-west corner and neutral (40-60%) chances...

Seasonal Climate Outlook October 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 30% chance of exceeding median rainfall for October to December 2018 for the majority of the South West Land Division. For Esperance the chance of exceeding...

Seasonal Climate Outlook September 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 30% chance of exceeding median rainfall for spring, September to November 2018.

Seasonal Climate Outlook August 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating a 20-60% chance of exceeding median rainfall for August to October 2018.

Seasonal Climate Outlook July 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than a 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for July to September and July to October 2018.

Seasonal Climate Outlook June 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than a 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for winter, June to August, and June to October 2018.

Seasonal Climate Outlook May 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for May-July and May-October 2018.

Seasonal Climate Outlook April 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than a 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for April to June 2018 for southern grainbelt and generally 40-60% (neutral) elsewhere. For April to October, the...

Seasonal Climate Outlook March 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating 60-80% chance of exceeding median rainfall for autumn, March to May 2018 for the majority of the grainbelt.

Subscribe to Seasonal climate outlook


By submitting this form you agree to the terms and conditions stated above.