This site is produced by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) and aims to provide comprehensive information about DPIRD and its services.
It has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections or less than state-of-the-art equipment
- rural and regional users.
This website strives to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, in accordance with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy.
A wide range of stakeholders were involved with testing the website for accessibility throughout various stages of development. We also commissioned an external accessibility audit to look at ways to enhance user experience.
The features on this website that make it more accessible include:
- being built using CSS/XHTML, which allows users to turn off style sheets and view the website content without graphics (easier for screen readers to decipher pages)
- buttons for resizing text
- skip links that take the user directly to the content of the page.
If you are having trouble accessing any of the pages or content within our website, please contact us on the details below.
If you have feedback on our accessibility features please contact us on the details below.
Every browser has functionality to increase/decrease the text size on any website. To find out how to change the text size on any website and in some instances the colours used refer to the advice from W3C on changing text size and colour.
All pages within this website can be printed. To do this, click the printer icon located next to the text resize buttons at the top right of the page, just under the main menu.
When you print a page you will notice that it looks different to what you see on screen. Page content, including the navigation and header area have been removed for readability purposes and are not required on paper.
Tools to view website documents
The following is a list of software that you may need to read the documents and files on this website:
- PDF documents: Adobe PDF Reader
- Flash documents: Macromedia Flash Player
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentations: Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for Windows or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Excel documents: Microsoft Excel Viewer for Windows or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Word documents: Microsoft Word Viewer for Windows or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
If you require further information regarding the accessibility of this website or any other matter please contact the department.