The Weed Seed Wizard is a computer simulation tool which:
- applies to all Australian grain growing areas
- helps growers understand and manage weed seedbanks on their farms
- uses farm management records to simulate how different crop rotations, weed control techniques, irrigation, grazing and harvest management tactics can affect weed numbers, the weed seedbank and yields
- uses farm-specific management and site-specific weather
- is multi-species;
- annual ryegrass, wild radish, wild oats, barley grass, rigid brome grass, rip-gut brome grass, fleabane and silvergrass in the southern regions
- barnyard grass, liverseed grass, sweet summer grass, feathertop Rhodes grass, bladder ketmia, sowthistle, fleabane, cowvine and bellvine in the north.
It is a collaboration between:
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
Download the Weed Seed Wizard using the button on the right to look at scenarios from around Australia or make your own.
Go to the Weed Seed Wizard download and help page to get download instructions and view the 'Build your own scenario' tutorials and manual.