Financial intelligence webinars
The Department of Primary Industry and Regional Development's Sheep Industry Business Innovation (SIBI) project developed a series of webinars on financial management. The webinar series has been designed as a package and to gain the full benefit it is advisable to watch each webinar in numerical sequence.
Each webinar has a home practice activity and all webinars except Webinar 2 have notes to assist in completing this activity. Supporting documents are found in the sidebar (right).
SIBI is interested in any feedback to assist in future events so please use the contact details listed on this page.
By the end of five webinars you will understand how to:
- use basic financial information to inform essential business decisions
- interpret the three key financial statements
- use strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating your business's financial position
- conduct a financial health check and act on the results
- make short term decisions aligned to your medium to long term goals
- be proactive rather than reactive
- benchmarking yourself not others
- work collaboratively with your bank
- understand your tax return.
No financial knowledge required, but access to your farm’s financial information will support the key learnings of the program.
Webinar 1: Financial basics
Webinar 2: Longer term financial decisions
Webinar 3: Medium term financial decisions
Webinar 4: Short term financial decisions
Webinar 5: Managing financial risks
- Targeted training to improve business management provided via the department.
- Information from the Grains Research and Development Corporation including the Farming the business manual, management fact sheets and a farm gross margin and enterprise planning guide including a spreadsheet for livestock.
- Information from Making more from sheep (Meat & Livestock Australia and Australian Wool Innovation).
- General business templates and planning guides from the Small Business Development Corporation.