Applications are now closed for the $500 000 grants program to support growth opportunities for the Western Australian potato industry.
About the Potato Industry Assistance Grants program
- The Potato Industry Assistance Grants (PIAG) program makes individual grants of between $50 000 and $200 000 available for projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits to the Western Australian potato industry.
- This program is aimed at driving a return to profitability and growth of the Western Australian potato industry, as it seeks to recover from the incursion of Tomato potato psyllid in 2017.
- The PIAG program aims to help find new markets and processing opportunities for our growers.
- The program will target projects capable of driving growth and competitiveness for the industry, focused on:
- world class production systems (characterised by high yields, large operations, proven/scalable systems);
- efficient primary/wholesale/value adding processing (characterised by efficiency and productivity and at a scale to be competitive in export markets).
- Funded projects must be completed by 31 March 2019.
- Successful grant holders will need to make a matching funding contribution to the project.
- Successful projects will be selected through a competitive, merit-based process by an independent selection panel.
- Applications will close at exactly 12 noon (WST) on Thursday 15 February 2018.
- Applicants for PIAG funding must be a Western Australian-based legal entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST that is capable of entering into a legally binding Funding Agreement with the Western Australian State Government, represented by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
- Applicants must be substantially engaged in the production, processing or marketing of potatoes; or the provision of goods and services along potato supply and value chains.
- Applicants must make a firm commitment to provide cash contributions to the project that match the full amount of the PIAG grant on a dollar for dollar basis is essential.
How to apply
- Read the Potato Industry Assistance Guidelines, located on the right hand side of the page
- Applications must contain sufficient information to demonstrate the proposed project:aligns with the focus and scope of the Horticulture Research Recovery Fund and the PIAG program. More information on this can be found in the Guidelines on the right hand side of the page.
- Applications from eligible organisations must be submitted online using the SmartyGrants application form available at: https://agric.smartygrants.com.au/
For any queries in relation to the PIAG grants, please contact Rohan Prince, Director Horticulture Science and Industry Development on (08) 9368 3210 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your application number.