CGMMV information sessions and on-farm biosecurity workshops for south west cucurbit growers have been confirmed.
RSVP James Dee, Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia, 9780 6285
- Report any suspect signs of CGMMV immediately to DAFWA’s Pest and Disease Information Service on 1800 084 881.
- Alternatively, download DAFWA’s MyPestGuide Reporter app to your smart phone, take a photo and follow the prompts on the device.
- A farm biosecurity plan template can be downloaded from this page.
- A farm biosecurity checklist can be downloaded from this page.
- Also visit the Farm Biosecurity website.
- Refer to the vegetablesWA website for Vietnamese versions of CGMMV e-updates.
- ABC Country Hour interviews - 1 September and 19 September.
WA detections - as of 23 December 2016
CGMMV has been detected on a commercial cucurbit property in Kununurra, on seven commercial cucurbit properties in Geraldton, one in Carnarvon, one in Perth, and in native and naturalised weed species in Carnarvon.
There is no clear indication of how the virus entered WA – possibly through a number of different pathways.
Register your details
DAFWA is asking cucurbit growers to provide property and production details to assist with the CGMMV response, and the development of management options for growers.
Information can be provided via the on-line registration form. Registered growers will receive regular CGMMV e-updates.