Support of the Sheep Alliance of Western Australia
- to support the Sheep Alliance WA, formerly known as the Sheep Industry Leadership Council (SILC), as the peak leadership body and advocate of change management for the WA sheep industry
- to support the Sheep Alliance WA to be an advocate of SIBI activities and outcomes
- to support its task of developing potential models for a Sheep Business Centre.
For more information, please visit the Sheep Alliance website.
- the formation of the Sheep Alliance as an independent peak body
- incorporation of SILC (1 July 2015)
- SILC handover (July 2015) – handover of Executive Officer role by the department to new Executive Officer and board
- supported SILC board meetings (July 2015) – SIBI staff supported SILC board meetings held quarterly with information and direction on activities.
- supported the Sheep Alliance as an independent peak body to act in a leadership role and provide industry forums in conjunction with the department
- managed the contract with Sheep Alliance (2016-18) – milestone reports and deliverables against outcomes for the Sheep Alliance contract
- managed the reference group process of which Sheep Alliance was a part (2016-18).
- maintained regular contact with the Sheep Alliance to gain feedback on SIBI activities and performance.
- developed potential models for the Sheep Business Centre - worked closely with Sheep Alliance to ensure appropriate industry and government feedback on potential models for the Sheep Business Centre.
- supported the development and implementation of the Sheep Alliance communication plan.
Achievements and outcomes
The Sheep Industry Leadership Council successfully transitioned to the Sheep Alliance of WA and has a contract in place for support of its operation until June 2018. The Sheep Alliance has a skills-based board, nominated by industry, and now has 50 members which include processors, universities, industry groups and grower groups.