Manjimup Agriculture and Food Strategy
The strategy is a high level document which encompasses strategies to:
- develop new products, markets and alliances
- increase the scale of productive output through innovation
- make better use of agricultural waste and low value agricultural produce
- foster agricultural food processing and other new business opportunities through provision of business incubator type facilities
- utilise available water in a water trading environment and improve irrigation practices
- address the imbalance between agricultural land and water capacity in the new carbon environment.
The consultancy firm Science Matters was engaged to deliver the strategy. It worked closely with key government agencies and primary producers and produced case studies on various agricultural enterprises in the region.
After an extended consultation period, the strategy has been finalised, with the central theme revolving around assisting Manjimup find the best conditions for innovation to flourish.