The $630,000 funding round will provide agrifood and beverage businesses with access to professional business services to help increase jobs, facilitate growth, diversification and expansion, and research technological solutions to improve efficiency and resolve digital problems.
Vouchers will be provided to WA businesses that meet the eligibility criteria and whose business development objectives are most closely aligned with the State Government’s objectives of growing and diversifying the State’s economy, and job creation through sustained business growth and improved competitiveness.
Funds will be offered on a competitive application basis in two steams:
1. Stream 1 provides vouchers to support contracting of professional consultancy services in one or more of the following six categories:
- Business Planning (e.g. business evaluation/plan)
- Quality Assurance (e.g. quality Planning, QA Certification and HACCP plans)
- Market Positioning (e.g. marketing plan, competitor analysis; market segmentation; customer insights; branding; and packaging design)
- Technology and Digital Advisory (e.g. expert evaluation and compatibility/integration planning of automation opportunities, e-commerce platform planning, supply chain security planning)
- Export Capability Development (e.g. export market identification and prioritization; competitor and product analysis; development of pricing strategies; country specific labelling and packaging requirements)
- Technical Expertise (e.g. food scientist advisory; waste management planning)
More information on these categories can be found in the Guidelines document.
Vouchers of up to $10 000 are available on a dollar for dollar co-contribution basis to help eligible businesses gain expert advice across business planning, quality assurance, market positioning, technology; export capability development and other technical services.
2. Stream 2 provides travel assistance vouchers of up to $2000 to businesses for reimbursement of national or international travel to investigate ag-tech or food-tech manufacturing technologies that can demonstrate improved productivity.
Please review the Guidelines before applying. These guidelines include important eligibility criteria including the following annual turnover and business location criteria:
- Metropolitan based business: greater than $500 000
- Regionally based business: greater than $200 000
Applicants will be required to upload a quotation from a Professional Service Provider for the work the business intends to undertake.
How to apply
Applications closed at 5.00pm (AWST) on Friday 13 March 2020.
A further round will be advertised in the second half of 2020.
Our Frequently Asked Questions document will support your application.
Enquiries can also be directed to Tilwin Westrup, Business Development Manager, on (08) 97806165, 0467 787 133 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please email email@example.com.
Read about the successful recipients.