About the grants
Applications for the Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund have now closed and are currently being assessed.
The Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund aims to create jobs and drive productivity and capability of this growing industry sector.
- Program one ($1 000 000) makes grants of up to $300 000 available towards capital expenditure by businesses that invest in expansion, relocation or new value adding production facilities that can create jobs and deliver benefits in regional Western Australia. Grants may be up to 50 per cent of the value of the total investment and funded projects must be completed by 30 June 2020.
- Program two ($500 000) makes grants of up to $100 000 available to support agrifood businesses undertake feasibility studies and business plans, obtain regulatory approvals and engage other services that may be required to support an investment decision to expand, relocate or establish production facilities in Western Australia. Funded feasibility studies and related activities must be completed by 30 June 2019.
These grants may also provide an incentive for interstate and international companies to establish value adding agribusiness operations in Western Australia.
The schemes are open to WA, interstate and international agribusinesses looking to invest, expand or relocate value adding processing or food and beverage production facilities in Western Australia.
Applicants that meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Australian private sector businesses with an Australian Business Number (ABN), registered for GST and that are capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the Western Australian Government.
- The applicant’s main source of revenue (50 per cent or more) should be derived from the production or processing of agriculture, food or beverage products.
- The applicant must have been in operation for a minimum of two years.
Business clusters are also encouraged to apply where, a lead business is defined that meets the above criteria and applies and accepts responsibility for contractual obligations on behalf of the business group.
The fund is supported through the State Government's Royalties for Regions program, therefore applications will need to demonstrate the benefits of their project to regional Western Australia.
How to apply
Applications for the Value Add Agribusiness Investment Attraction Fund closed on Friday 19 October 2018 and are currently being assessed.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants are advised to:
- read the Application Guidelines to establish eligibility, which can be downloaded via the menu on the right hand side of this webpage
- discuss the proposed project with DPIRD officers: