The Low Carbon Futures team is responsible for the development and implementation of the Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Program and supporting the development of an advanced bioenergy industry in Western Australia with a focus on renewable energy for regional development.
Western Australian primary industries are known for innovation. A shift to low carbon technologies and energy sources will allow our primary industries to maintain competitive advantage in today’s dynamic global market conditions and into the low carbon future.
Current initiatives managed by Low Carbon Futures:
- From Bioenergy to Bioeconomy
- An Introduction to Carbon Farming in Western Australian
- WA Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Program
- Carbon for Farmers Voucher Program
- Carbon Farming Workshops
Previous projects and events:
- Stocktake of Carbon Farming forum - 10 February 2022
- HIR Carbon Farming on Pastoral Lease Lands
- Rangeland Regeneration to sequester carbon in Western Australia