The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) will host these workshops to arm agribusiness professionals with the knowledge to inform and support sheep businesses, as we enter into a period of tight pasture supply and below average rainfall.
Topics to be discussed include:
- tactics and strategies for managing the poor season
- balancing feeding, pastures and crops
- changing flock structure
- market options for 'lamb' (weaners)
- economic biological impacts.
Any enquiries about the updates, or requests for the full program, are available on request from Melanie Dowling.
These half-day workshops will be held in three different locations over three consecutive days:
- Kojonup, Monday 17 July – Kojonup Commercial Hotel, 118 Albany Highway
- Geraldton, Tuesday 18 July – DPIRD Geraldton office, 20 Gregory Street
- Perth, Wednesday 19 July – DPIRD Theatrette, 3 Baron-Hay Court, South Perth
Note: the Perth session will be broadcast via video conference to the department's regional offices in Albany, Bunbury, Esperance, Katanning, Merredin, Moora, Narrogin and Northam. Please follow this link for addresses.
To register for the updates, please email: