WA Wine Export Growth Partnership - Update
The WA wine industry has embarked upon the Export Growth Partnership, a project supported by resourcing and funding from Wines of Western Australia (WoWA) in partnership with the WA Government via DPIRD, to grow the volume and value of WA wine exports, as well as the number of WA wine producers that are successfully exporting.
Hydra Consulting, a boutique consultancy firm with offices in Western Australia and South Australia, has been appointed to establish the program ready for a full launch in 2021. They will lean on WoWA’s and their networks to identify project partnerships, validate target markets for export, create market development strategies, identify preferred supply chains and engage with the WA wine industry.
Two Info/Q&A Sessions were held on December 3rd and 8th; one in Perth and the other via Zoom. The sessions were held to clearly outline the objectives of the program (known as “WA Wines to the World”), to elicit industry feedback and answer questions from producers and regions. This industry-led program marks an exciting new phase in WA wine exports and is very timely in the face of a significantly changed export landscape!
Approximately 50 producers, regional representatives and stakeholders attended the sessions and there was significant engagement across both events. A range of issues was covered - areas of particular interest included:
- How to best approach brand messaging for the regions within a broader Western Australian context
- Getting the balance right between brand building and sales-based activities
- How smaller and larger producers can both benefit under the program
- Markets that can potentially step-up to replace lost sales in China
- The types of collaborative activities that might be considered under the program
Click on the links below for further details: