Animal pest trapping in urban areas

Page last updated: Wednesday, 25 October 2017 - 7:54am

Please note: This content may be out of date and is currently under review.

Persons in built up areas or special rural zones planning to trap declared vertebrate pests, using means other than cage traps, must apply for a permit from the Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia.

Some declared vertebrate pest control methods are not suitable for built up areas or special rural zones, and therefore require the use of other trapping control methods.

Persons wishing to use trapping methods other than a cage trap, as prescribed under regulation 45 of the Biosecurity and Agriculture Management Act 2007 must complete an 'Application for permit to trap declared vertebrate pest animals' form.

The form can be downloaded from this page.

Contact information

Brett Scourse
+61 (0)8 9690 2155