Accendo Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 5178
West Busselton WA 6280
- Kirsten Muir-Thompson B.Sc(Hons)
Mobile: +61 (0)418 950 852
Accendo Australia is a specialist environmental consultancy, focused on providing practical and innovative solutions to environmental challenges. It provides a wide range of services for agricultural enterprises and can assist in ensuring compliance with all environmental regulations/approvals, while still meeting financial targets.
It specialises in:
- Environmental approvals and licences – including Department of Environment Regulation licences, works approvals and clearing permits
- Environmental planning and sustainable development – including due diligence for land acquisition, land capability assessments and environmental (constraints) assessment
- Environmental auditing and compliance reporting – including annual reporting, national pollution inventory (NPI) reporting and auditing to ensure compliance with statutory conditions
- Management plans – including nutrient and irrigation, wastewater and revegetation
- Environmental monitoring – including wastewater, groundwater, soil analysis and hydrogeological investigations.
- Jim Campbell-Clause BScAg (Hons)
Mobile: +61 (0)418 479 476
- Colin Bell Assoc. Degree Winegrowing, Trade Hort.
Mobile: +61 (0)408 479 473
- Mike Gray BSc (Hons), MBA
Mobile: +61 (0)427 479 474
Comprehensive service covering all aspects of:
- Vineyard management
- Viticultural consulting
- Budgeting and benchmarking
- Quality assurance systems.
PO Box 140
Capel WA 6271
Telephone: +61 (0) 429 77 2221
Steve Partridge BSc Agr GAICD
- ARM Nursery import and propagate a wide range of wine grape varieties for the production of high quality wine
- ARM Nursery is the Australian agent for Mercier, who are the world’s largest supplier of wine grape varieties
- ARM nursery also provides viticulture consulting services on varieties and clones suitable for quality wine production
- Steve has 25 years’ experience producing grapes in the south west of Western Australia and has wide knowledge of all producing regions
- ARM Nursery is based in Capel and services customers across Western Australia and Interstate.
Atom Earth Pty Ltd
PO Box 455
Floreat WA 6014
Telephone: +61 (8) 9285 1561
- Bronnie Kemp
Mobile: +61 (0) 499 77 66 26
Atom Earth provide mobile, on-site, analysis and reporting. Utilising portable technologies such as x-ray fluoresence and ion specific electrodes, combined with our custom developed software application we provide cost effective, instant results.
- Soil, tissue, sap, fruit and water analysis
- Macro nutrients, micro nutrients and heavy metals
- Total elemental concentrations from Na to U in one test
- EC, CEC, OM, SOC, SAR, ESP, pH, TDS, Na % of TDS
- Non-destructive, multiple samples
- Collating the comprehensive data that leads to informed management decisions
- Client portal for recording and assessing site specific data over time and assessing the efficacy of management practises
- Eliminating the turn around time and damage risk to samples associated with traditional lab testing
- Face to face with your lab, providing answers on-site, in real time
Level 3, 25 Prowse Street
West Perth WA 6005
- Kristen Watts; BEnvSc(Hons); email@example.com
- Rebecca Epworth; BSc(Hons), MSc, MSc (Eng); firstname.lastname@example.org
Coterra provides specialist environmental, hydrological and wastewater services to the wine industry including:
- Environmental Approvals including DWER Works Approvals and Licences, and land use planning approvals.
- Design and approval assistance for winery effluent treatment and disposal systems.
- Water source and water balance investigations.
- Land acquisition due diligence assessments in relation to site suitability.
- Vegetation surveys and Native Vegetation Clearing Permit applications.
- Environmental, flood, drainage and nutrient/irrigation management plans.
- Compliance reporting for existing environmental and hydrological approval conditions.
- Environmental monitoring, including wastewater and groundwater monitoring.
Additional services offered by Coterra are listed on the website.
Down to Earth Agribusiness
Unit 3/8 Owen Tucker Lane
Margaret River WA 6285
- Carl Borrello
Mobile: +61 (0)417 987 966
- James Crespin
Mobile: +61 (0)438 923 327
Established in 1998, Down to Earth offers a comprehensive range of services to the viticulture industry. Its team of viticulturists and supervisors can model a management system to suit your requirements including:
- Vineyard consulting
- Pest and disease management
- Fertiliser and irrigation regimes
- Crop yield estimates and maturity sampling
- Vine development monitoring
- Cultural and biological control practices (IPM)
- Coordinating the harvest to specification of winery/winemaker.
Large teams of experienced and professional vineyard staff are available to carry out day to day operations including planting, training, canopy management, pruning and harvesting. Down to Earth also has a large range of machinery available to carry out vineyard establishment and maintenance including an undervine sweeper and mulcher, trucks, leaf pluckers, ATVs, herbicide and fungicide units, a post rammer, seeder and a fleet of tractors.
Environment and Agricultural Testing Services
5/4 Mummery Cres
Bunbury WA 6230
Telephone : +61 (0)8 97217170
- Rachel Lancaster Bsc (Horticulture), PGrad Dip (Agribusiness) or Steve Partridge Bsc (Agriculture), GAICD
Mobile 0428 77 1937
- Environment and Agricultural Testing Services (EATS) is owned and operated by two agricultural scientists with extensive experience in horticulture / agriculture and environmental management
- The business operates well equipped laboratory facilities and provides collection, testing, analysis and independent interpretation of soil and water samples
- EATS provides one off and regular on-going testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- EATS undertakes annual compliance reporting for Wastewater, ground water, and soil
- Research and development for horticulture
- Contaminated site investigations
- Acid Sulphate soil testing, Acid Sulphate soil management plans and closure reporting
- Development of nutrient management irrigation plans.
- Horticultural consulting services.
Frank Smith - Wordsmith
PO Box 255
Darlington WA 6070
Telephone: +61 (0)8 9299 7363
Facsimile: +61 (0)8 9299 7363
- Frank Smith
Mobile: +61 (0)411 116 363
- Freelance writer, editor, proofreader and public relations consultant.
Geographe Viticultural Consultants
Ferguson Valley WA 6236
Telephone: +61 (0)8 9728 3020
- Ryan Gibbs BSc Viticulture & Oenology
Mobile: +61 (0)427 922 755
Geographe Viticultural Consultants operates in all Western Australian wine regions and aims to provide practical, technically sound advice at realistic prices. Services can be tailored to individual client needs and includes all aspects of:
- Viticultural consulting
- Vineyard management
- Vineyard budgeting
- Pest and disease monitoring.
Corner Bussell Highway and Hairpin Road
Margaret River WA 6285
- Bruce Dukes B.Sc.Agric. UWA; M.Sc. Vitic.Enol. UC Davis
Mobile: 0427 554 917
Naturaliste Vintners consulting services specialise in the integration of viticulture with winemaking. its objective is to optimise the quality of fruit for its intended purpose so that winemaking can proceed with minimal intervention, while achieving optimal wine quality. It has 20 years of postgraduate experience in viticulture and subsequent winemaking, which gives a broad-based and integrated understanding of the entire process.
The objective is to significantly improve the quality of grapes and wines by applying holistic and systematic management techniques, which focus on critical control points in viticulture and winemaking. it has a custom crush winery in Margaret River, which has a strong record of success in national and international arenas.
Pearse Viticulture Pty Ltd
34 Villers Street
Cowaramup WA 6284
- Bruce Pearse
Mobile: +61 (0)417 930 672
Bruce Pearse has over 40 years experience with viticulture and wine production in the cool climate regions of Western Australia. Experience has been in both family and corporate-owned vineyards and wineries. Bruce can provide practical advice on all aspects of vineyard site selection, development and management, soil health and vine nutrition, sustainability, winery design and operations, bottling operations and troubleshooting and winery environmental management.
Peter Gherardi Consultancy Services
PO Box 53
Margaret River WA 6285
Telephone: +61 (0)8 9757 3142
Facsimile: +61 (0)8 9757 3180
- Peter Gherardi
Mobile: +61 (0)417 092 506
With 30 years experience in the wine industry, Peter Gherardi Consultancy Services provides a professional viticultural and oenological service to the grape growing and wine making industry. It covers all aspects of vineyard development and management, the technical aspects of grape growing and wine making, together with an independent assessment service for losses due to natural or unnatural causes. For those contemplating the purchase or sale of a winery or vineyard, a professional and confidential brokerage service is also offered.
Retallack Viticulture Pty Ltd
125 Sheoak Road
Crafters West, South Australia 5152
- Mary Retallack B.App.Sc, P.Grad.Dip (NRM), B.Ed, Grad.Dip (Viticulture), P.Cert (Arb), CPAg, GAICD, ARLF
Mobile: +61 (0)408 393 324
Retallack Viticulture is an independent viticultural consultancy offering advisory services in all aspects of wine growing throughout Australia. We specialise in providing strategic business advice to the Australian wine community and provide a prompt and reliable service.
Mary Retallack is a third-generation viticulturist, who has worked in a wide range of practical, extension and consultancy roles both within Australia and overseas, over the past two decades.
Retallack Viticulture offers clients a tailored service, finding innovative solutions to difficult problems, and specialises in:
- Problem solving and vineyard technical advice
- Vineyard business reviews and future planning
- Independent assessment of fruit quality and condition
- Loss assessment (frost, fire, spray drift, mechanical damage)
- Expert opinion reports
- Assisting wine growers to map the strategic direction of their business
- Strategies for adapting to climate change and extreme weather events
- Sustainable (low input) viticultural practices including enhancing biodiversity and incorporating insectary plantings
- Review of vineyard performance and condition of capital infrastructure
- Benchmarking vineyard cost of production
- Development of business plans and review of business financials.
For a full list of services, please visit viti.com.au
Riverside Viticulture Consulting
516 Lindberg Road,
Kalgup WA 6280
Telephone: +61 (0)448 779 708
- John Standish BAppSc (Viticulture) distinction
John Standish has established, worked in and managed vineyards in both hot and cool regions throughout the South West of Western Australia for the past 14 years. Although professionally qualified he is able to provide step-by-step hands-on advice that encompasses all stages in the growth of a vineyard. This includes site selection, vineyard establishment, personnel training, equipment and machinery options and wine grape production. He has specific interest in working with those new to the industry or who have small, difficult or neglected vineyards.
- David Sim +61 (0)457 554 425
- Steve Rolls +61 (0)428 926 757
RPS provides specialist environmental management services to the wine industry including:
- Assistance in gaining statutory approvals for vineyards, wineries and vegetation clearing
- Preparation of approvals documentation including Notices of Intent, nutrient and irrigation management plans, winery effluent management plans and revegetation plans
- Sizing, documentation and approvals of winery effluent disposal systems
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) reporting
- Hydrogeological investigation
- Water management (ground and surface water)
- Contaminated sites issues
- Land use planning.
Wine Business Solutions
- Peter McAtamney, Principal +61 (0)414 226 117