Here you can work through a simple process of elimination to identify in crop barley constraints. For new users please visit the tutorial page to get the best out of the tool (link on the right).
Barley diagnostic tool
Page last updated: Thursday, 11 March 2021 - 11:51am
This barley diagnostic tool is a comprehensive tool that combines paddock and crop symptoms in one resource.
- You are also able to search the likely cause of cropping problems by selecting paddock and soil clues such as ‘scattered poor plants’ or ‘variation between rows’.
- By continuing through the process, the number of likely causes is reduced, putting you in a good position to better diagnose individual cropping constraints.
- The extensive image library allows you to compare actual plant symptoms to photos.
- Once problems are identified, this program will lead you to a fact sheet which will provide further information about the constraint.
- This diagnostic tool covers pests, plant diseases, soil deficiencies, environmental and weather factors and management.
As an alternative to using the tool, see ‘A guide to problem diagnosis in the field‘ under Documents.