Spring

In 2017 a grower scale demonstration in the eastern wheatbelt was set up to investigate the economic return of spraying fungicide for spot type net blotch (STNB) in a low rainfall environment.

Key findings were:

Fungicide spray significantly reduced the severity of STNB.

Seasonal Climate Outlook November 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 40% chance of exceeding median rainfall for November 2018 to January 2019 for the northern grainbelt and south-west corner and neutral (40-60%) chances...

Seasonal rainfall update 17 October 2018

The seasonal rainfall update newsletter is produced during the growing season to provide the latest and most relevant rainfall maps for Western Australia with a focus on the agricultural areas. Maps include rainfall for the past week in millimetres and rainfall deciles for the season to date;...

Wednesday, 24 October 2018 (All day)

Join us for the 2018 tedera field day and new variety release. Hear the latest research information on agronomy, nutrition, animal production and visit trial sites and seed crops sown in 2015, 2017 and 2018. 

WA Livestock Disease Outlook - for producers - September 2018

Calling a vet to investigate disease protects our markets: The WA Livestock Disease Outlook provides information about recent livestock disease cases in Western Australia and diseases likely to occur in the next month. Calling a vet to investigate diseases when they occur provides surveillance...

WA Livestock Disease Outlook - for vets - September 2018

The WA Livestock Disease Outlook - for vets provides information about recent livestock disease cases in Western Australia and diseases likely to occur in the next month. Data from these investigations provide evidence that WA is free from these diseases and supports our continuing...

A snapshot of some of the latest news and seasonal advice from the department for Western Australian farm businesses in the livestock sector.

Select articles of interest to you or return to the main AgMemo newsletter by using the links on the right hand menu of this page. 

Seasonal Climate Outlook October 2018

The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) Statistical Seasonal Forecast (SSF) system is indicating less than 30% chance of exceeding median rainfall for October to December 2018 for the majority of the South West Land Division. For Esperance the chance of exceeding...

A snapshot of some of the latest news and seasonal advice from the department for Western Australian farm businesses in the grains sector.

Select articles of interest to you or return to the main AgMemo newsletter by using the links on the right hand menu of this page. 

Seasonal rainfall update 3 October 2018

The seasonal rainfall update newsletter is produced during the growing season to provide the latest and most relevant rainfall maps for Western Australia with a focus on the agricultural areas. Maps include rainfall for recent past months, frost events, soil water storage, potential crop yield...

Subscribe to RSS - Spring