Tuesday 24 August 2021
The Department partnered with the Muresk Institute and the Department of Training and Workforce Development to offer over 100 agricultural students from Cunderdin and Harvey Colleges a sustainable and regenerative farming systems workshop.
- Hon. Darren Legh West MLC, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Regional Development; Agriculture and Food; Hydrogen Industry.
- Nick Kelly, Newdegate farmer: Sustainable and regenerative farming systems - Efficiencies in livestock production systems
- Shayana Crouch, RegenWA: Building a farmer network to drive change in regenerative agriculture and the importance of hydration of soils and waterways in the landscape.
- Grace Williams, Research Scientist, DPIRD Dryland Research Institute Merredin: New transformative farming systems research trials.
- Kayla Evans, DPIRD PRIMED project: Careers in Primary Industries.
- Steve Wainewright, Muresk Institute Farm Manager: Biological inputs vs. Synthetic; Veris3 Analysis – measuring soil organic carbon; Greening Australia/CSIRO Shade, shelter fodder system; Cover cropping – multi species fodder trial; Landscape rehydration.
The workshop also included a tour of Muresk Institute’s regenerative agriculture trial sites.