My role in the department
I am Project Manager of the DPIRD Integrated Weed Management project. The IWM project spans the WA grainbelt and the project team is located in four regional centres. This project focuses on research and development that will enable WA grain growers to continue to produce sustainable and profitable crops in the face of increasing threats from herbicide resistant weed populations. Chemical and non-chemical options are being explored and new techniques are being evaluated with the aim of devising practical solutions to weed problems now and into the future.
I have more than 25 years experience in research into crop and pasture weeds and their management. My experience includes a wide knowledge of herbicides and integrated weed management techniques, project management and communication.
- Project management - The objective of the DAFWA IWM project is to help grain growers sustain crop production while finding practical solutions for weed management.
- Communications in weed management – Aim to increase the knowledge of WA grain growers in aspects of weed biology, crop competition, herbicide use and environmental impacts.
- Diploma of Project Management, Western Australian TAFE Central Metropolitian College, 2011
- Certificate III in Government, 2002
- Bachelor of Rural Science (Honors), The University of New England, 1990