The Australian and Western Australian (WA) Governments have entered into funding agreements for the provision of programs. The WA Government will work with subject matter experts and industry groups to deliver these initiatives and a range of training programs. For more information, go to the Australian Government's Future Drought Fund webpage.
The WA Government, through the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD), will roll out two Future Drought Fund programs:
The WA Government, through DPIRD, is working with the Australian Government's Future Drought Fund to support regions to prepare for and manage future drought risks.
The Regional Drought Resilience Planning (RDRP) Program is one of the foundational programs under the Future Drought Fund in 2021-22. The program has been allocated $9.85 million nationally in the 2021-22.
In WA, DPIRD engaged Regional Development Commissions to roll out the RDRP program in the three pilot regions - Mid West, Great Southern, Wheatbelt.
The program will support partnerships of regional organisations, local government, communities and industry to develop Regional Drought Resilience Plans. The plans will help to ensure that regional communities:
- are prepared for and more resilient to future droughts
- build environmental, economic and social resilience to droughts
- identify innovative and transformative drought projects to guide future investments
- improve natural resource management.
Public consultation was undertaken for the draft Regional Drought Resilience Plans from 28 September - 21 October 2022. View the latest information on the RDRP for the Mid West, Wheatbelt and Great Southern.
- Dowrene Farm - Dowrene Farm Aboriginal Corporation
- Yallalie Downs - Beemurra Aboriginal Corporation
- Yaraguia Farm - Yaraguia Enterprises Incorporated
- Jerry Clune - Bringo, WA
- Liz Sudlow - Northampton, WA
- Jason Batten - East Yuna, WA
- Jason Stokes - Chapman Valley, WA
Drought and Noongar Boodja:
- Case study 1
- Case study 2
- Case study 3
- Case study 4
- Case study 5
- Case study 6
- Case study 7
- Case study 8
For more information about the program, visit the Australian Government's RDRP webpage.
For more details about the program in WA, view the RDRP FAQs.