My role in the department
Bindi is a Research Scientist for DPIRD for two GRDC funded projects. Bindi’s role is to assist growers adopt soil management practises providing the latest technical information and support to apply new technologies on farm to increase their profitability.
Bindi has nearly 20 years experience in agricultural research and extension in WA . She has worked for DPIRD (Katanning and Geraldton), North Stirlings Pallinup Natural Resources (a grower group at Borden) and as a Precision Agriculture Consultant. Bindi has worked on GRDC supported soil management projects including controlled traffic farming and precision agriculture. She therefore has strong networks across Australia to provide the latest information to growers in the form of extension activites.
- Minimising the effect of soil compaction on crop yield - DAW00243
- Re-engineering soils to improve the access of crop root systems to water and nutrients stored in the subsoil (DAW1902-003RTX )
- Increasing farming system profitability and longevity of benefits following soil amelioration (DAW1901-006RTX)
- Australian Controlled Traffic Farming Association (seconded board member)
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science) with honours in Soil Science, University of Western Australia