The Irrigate WA app will assist with the implementation of correct irrigation scheduling for a variety of crops, regions and soil types in Western Australia.
The Irrigate WA app was developed by the Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (DAFWA) with funding from Royalties for Regions as part of the More Dollars per Drop Project.
The Irrigate WA app will assist with the implementation of correct irrigation scheduling for a variety of crops, regions and soil types in Western Australia. It uses real time weather data from the network of DAFWA weather stations to calculate localised evaporative demand. Using farm specific plant spacing and irrigation system parameters it is then possible to estimate crop water use and provide a guide to correct irrigation duration and frequency. It is important to note that this application should be used in conjunction with soil moisture monitoring technology, as verification and modification of the schedule provided will be necessary.
The app has also been designed to act as a field diary, capable of tracking water meter readings and recording harvest details for each production area, allowing the calculation of water use efficiency bench marks.
- Offline access to historic data
- Recommended irrigation events displayed in schedule log
- Runs in the absence of mobile reception, syncronises later via Wi-Fi.
- Ability to create multiple production areas for each property
- Data synchronisation with server for real time updates
- Easy entry of property details
- Production area features - soil type, crop variety and irrigation type
- Standard mobile navigation
- Ability to create multiple properties
- Easy setup of production areas associated with a property
- Real time weather data from weather station
- Ability to record water meter readings
- Weather data used to calculate soil water availability and provide indicative irrigation scheduling (calculated hourly)
- Supports multiple irrigation systems – micro sprinkler, drip, total coverage and instantaneous irrigation
The Irrigate WA app will assist you to improve your irrigation scheduling through the use of real time weather data, your irrigation system parameters, specific crop information and your soil type. When using this app in association with soil water monitoring equipment you will be able to improve your water use efficiency, producing “more dollars per drop”.
Who we are
The Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (DAFWA), through a Royalties for Regions funded project, has worked with selected growers to assess their current water use efficiency as defined by the amount of product produced per megalitre of water used. A critical part of improving water use efficiency is correct irrigation scheduling. “Irrigate WA” was developed to enable growers to improve their irrigation scheduling and use water more efficiently.
If you have any questions or issues with the App, please contact us on the details below:
Telephone number: +61 (0)8 9780 6100
Email address: email@example.com
Department of Agriculture and Food
3 Baron-Hay Court
South Perth WA 6151
Please note: This content may be out of date and is currently under review.
IrrigateWA is an irrigation app that will assist with the implementation of correct irrigation scheduling for a variety of crops, regions and soil types in Western Australia.