You can get better production, for longer, by knowing and managing your soil capability and constraints.
There are many benefits to knowing more about your soil. You can:
- identify soil constraints and plan appropriate treatments
- assess the capability for growing particular crops
- avoid land degradation and problems for neighbours and downstream areas
- match inputs to the production potential of the soil.
Protecting your water supply and using it efficiently can avoid a lot of problems in a drying climate and help to ensure you:
- always have an adequate domestic supply.
- maintain livestock, garden and horticultural health
- avoid the costs of water carting.
Soil acidity on your small property
Soil sampling and testing on a small property
Calculating farm dam water volume