What is in NRInfo?
NRInfo is a source of natural resource maps and data derived from databases maintained by DAFWA and other government agencies, including Landgate, Department of Planning, Department of Mines and Petroleum, Department of Environment, Department of Water, Environmental Protection Authority and Geoscience Australia.
Mapping themes in NRInfo are:
- soil-landscapes, land capability and land qualities
- native vegetation (type, pre-European extent, current extent, interim biogeographic regions of Australia).
Layers of information that can be combined with the mapping themes:
- aerial and satellite imagery
- digital elevation model (DEM)
NRInfo works best with the Chrome browser, and does not work with the Internet Explorer browser.
The information in NRInfo supports on-site assessment and should not be used to replace such assessments. The maps and data are a starting point for assessing particular areas of land.
The mapping and data is updated periodically. Always use the most recent version from NRInfo. If you are using NRInfo material offline, it may be out of date.
When using soil-landscape or vegetation mapping, please note:
- the scale and method of linework capture varies and influences the uniformity of a map unit and the accuracy of the linework
- the quality of the underlying data also varies and influences the accuracy of descriptions and attributions.
A user guide for NRInfo is on the NRInfo toolbar under the Help tab. We have also provided answers to frequently asked questions about NRInfo content.