What is in NRInfo?
NRInfo is a source of natural resource maps and data derived from databases maintained by DPIRD and other government agencies, including: Landgate; Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage; Department of Mines and Petroleum, Department of Water and Environmental Regulation, Environmental Protection Authority and Geoscience Australia.
We recommend that you read the information below before going to the NRInfo map application. The direct link is at the bottom of this page.
Mapping themes in NRInfo are:
- soil-landscapes, land capability and land qualities
- native vegetation (type, pre-European extent, current extent, interim biogeographic regions of Australia).
Layers of information that can be combined with the mapping themes:
- aerial and satellite imagery
- digital elevation model (DEM)
NRInfo works best with the Chrome browser, and does not work with the Internet Explorer browser.
You should not rely on only the information in NRInfo for planning and decisions on management: make your own investigations, consult relevant property owners and obtain updated professional advice relevant to your situation.
- The digital data contained in the soil-landscape mapping or other features reliant on it is generated on a statewide basis, and the attribution is modelled, based on soils and landforms within large geographic areas.
- The soil-landscape maps and other features reliant on it are designed for use at publication scales typically between 1:50 000 and 1:250 000. The scale and method of linework capture will influence how uniform a map unit is and how accurate the linework is. At this scale, it is not accurate enough for individual farm or paddock planning.
- The quality of the underlying soil-landscape data varies and will influence the accuracy of descriptions and attributions.
- The pre-European vegetation mapping is designed for use at publication scale, 1:250 000, and therefore is useful for broad-scale area mapping only.
- The mapping and data is updated periodically. Always use the most recent version from NRInfo. If you are using NRInfo material offline, it may be out of date.
The direct link
NRInfo map application (remember to use Chrome or Firefox)
A user guide for NR Info is on the NRInfo toolbar under the Help tab. We have also provided answers to frequently asked questions about NRInfo content.