Aerial Spraying Control Act, 1966
Restrictions apply in three areas of the State:
- within 19km of Geraldton
- the Swan vineyard area
- the Ord River irrigation area.
Within each of these areas:
- Pilots are not permitted to undertake aerial spraying with the chemicals listed above unless:
- they have obtained written approval from the Director General of the Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (DAFWA)
- the spraying is carried out according to the conditions imposed at the time approval is given.
- A pilot is not permitted to transport the listed chemicals in a spray aircraft.
- A pilot is not permitted to fly the aircraft unless the spray tanks and spraying equipment have been cleansed of the chemicals.