How is the Food Industry Innovation program helping WA premium food and beverage businesses?
The Food Industry Innovation program helps Western Australia’s premium food and beverage businesses achieve their growth plans by offering a range of tools and support services to address their needs, gaps and barriers to domestic and international export.
Food Industry Innovation priorities:
- Identify and prioritise premium food and beverage trends and high-value, high-growth markets for WA
- Identify WA premium food and beverage businesses that are suitable to increase production and/or expand domestically and internationally
- Provide targeted assistance to WA premium food and beverage businesses that are actively pursuing growth strategies
- Provide assistance to other WA premium food and beverage businesses through knowledge-sharing, skills development and collaboration opportunities
- Celebrate WA's premium food and beverage business success stories and raise the profile of the industry globally and domestically.
Food Industry Innovation reports
The Food Industry Innovation program has drawn on expert advice to prioritise areas of focus and support to the Western Australian food and beverage industry.
Read and download key reports on our Food Industry Innovation Reports page.
Tools and support services available:
Some of the targeted resources offered by the Food Industry Innovation program to support your business include:
- tailored business growth training and workshops
- industry networking opportunities
- study tours
- collaboration and knowledge sharing opportunities
- past event and seminar resources
- research and market intelligence
- access to business development support vouchers
- access to food industry contacts
- links to DPIRD’s Agribusiness Food and Trade support team including Asian Market Success, Investment Services and Buy West Eat Best
- links to State and commonwealth government service providers
Where is our team located?
The Food Industry Innovation team works out of four locations across metropolitan and regional WA to provide premium food and beverage producers with access to state-wide information, resources and services to help address their business needs and gaps.
Food Industry Innovation staff are located at the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development offices in Perth, Bunbury, Narrogin and Albany. Refer to the 'Contact information' below for more details.