The Pome and Summer Fruit Orchard Spray Guide provides Western Australian pome and stone fruit growers with information on chemical control measures, management and monitoring of pests and diseases in their orchards, as well as postharvest treatments.
Topics covered include:
- integrated pest management (IPM) and integrated fruit production
- organic and biodynamic production
- pesticide application, resistance and safety
- quarantine issues
- industry contacts and technical information
- diagnostic service
- development stages of apple blossom and summerfruit
- pome and summerfruit exotic pests
- pest and disease monitoring and treatment calendars
- orchard spray options
- postharvest treatments.
Some useful links below provide access to further information concerning Western Australian and national legislation, regulation, training, chemical resistance and production information. Other links are listed within the guide.
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
- AusChem Training WA
- Department of Health
Requesting a copy
To receive a hard copy of the current orchard spray guide, contact the Manjimup Office of the Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia.
Tel: +61 (0)8 9777 0000
Fax: +61 (0)8 9777 0001
Download an electronic copy from this page.