Baiting & poison permits

The use of 1080 and strychnine is restricted by law.

The Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia provides information on the use of restricted chemical products, relevant training, conducts property risk assessments and issues permits for use.

Before using 1080 or strychnine you need to complete appropriate training, apply for and obtain the appropriate permit(s) to purchase these chemicals.

On the attached webpages can be found the minimum requirements to register for a restricted chemical products, the landholder training, invoicing requirements, further information about the agricultural and pastoral pests and requirements needed to obtain a restricted chemical product permit(s).


  • Under the BAM Act, landholders - landowners and occupiers - are responsible for the control of foxes, wild dogs, feral pigs, rabbits and emus on their properties.