- Medfly identification
- Medfly life cycle & biology
- Host plants
- Sterile insect technique (SIT)
- Control options for backyards
- Control options for growers
- Carnarvon Medfly eradication project
Mediterranean fruit fly: declared pest
Mediterranean fruit fly (Medfly) Ceratitis capitata is a serious horticultural pest in Western Australia. It attacks and damages a wide range of cultivated fruits and some fruiting vegetables.
Damage is caused when the female lays eggs into ripe fruit and a resulting larvae infestation occurs.