My role in the department
Ms Bucat is working in canola agronomy research and is active in industry representation with AOF and GIWA oilseeds. She is currently leading the DPIRD/GRDC project 'Expanding the sowing window of canola and lupins in WA'. The project objective is to give growers the confidence to capture March and early April sowing opportunities by providing information on how different phenotypes perform and provide agronomic advice on when and how to establish early crops. Jackie is currently finalising the DPIRD/GRDC 'Tactical Break Crop Agronomy' project. In addition, Jackie produces the annual canola variety guide.
Jackie’s focus is extension, communication and industry development. She has worked across the mixed farming system and with a range of farmer groups. She is currently managing the canola agronomy research project.
- Expanding the sowing window for canola and lupins in WA (2019-2021)
- Tactical Break Crop Agronomy (DAW00227)
- Grad Cert in Rural Systems Management (extension), University of Queensland
- BSc in Agriculture, University of Western Australia
- Diploma of Project Management, North Metropolitan TAFE