What is agtech?
Agtech or agritech is the use of developing technology, digital solutions or innovative products that address an identified need in agriculture, food or beverage production in agriculture, horticulture and aquaculture with the aim of improving yield, efficiency and profitability.
Agricultural technology can be products, services or applications derived from agriculture that improve various food production and distribution processes including:
- Artificial intelligence solutions.
- Automation, robotics or autonomous vehicles.
- Data or image capture and analysis.
- Digital connectivity solutions.
- Farm management.
- Food processing, food traceability or innovative food packaging technology.
- New or alternate foods or plant based proteins.
- Novel farming or food production systems.
- Water or irrigation management.
Agtech support available and upcoming programs
The Department of Primary Industries has invested and partnered in a range of programs and capability building initiatives to capitalise on the growth of technology and support businesses and individuals who are using agtech. In 2023 the Department will be supporting the following initiatives:
- evokeAG Down to Earth Conference - Adelaide
- Harvest Accelerator — AgriStart
- Educational scholarships in 2023 the Department will again provide opportunities for agtech innovators to attend Curtin University's Ignition Program.
To connect with the agtech community, seek investment, information or support please contact our team of experts.
Phone: 08 9368 3642 or +61 1300 374 731