The Scheme will provide targeted assistance with funding of $1.45 million to WA primary producers for the purchase and installation of new netting over land used to grow commercial apple and or pear crops.
Netting is an important tool in resilience and risk management for horticulture producers helping to limit damage from extreme weather and pests whilst also increasing water use efficiency.
Payments to eligible primary producers will be 50 per cent of the costs incurred, up to a maximum of $300,000, for eligible activities undertaken from 16 December 2019.
The Scheme will open on 8 April 2021 and will close on 30 June 2023. The Scheme will close earlier if funds are fully committed before the published closing date. Rebates are subject to the availability of funds.
To confirm your eligibility, please download full application guidelines prior to applying.
Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Scheme at a glance
Key features of the Scheme are:
- Up to 50% of eligible costs associated with the purchase and installation of permanent horticultural netting, to a maximum of $300,000 is available to eligible applicants.
- A total of $1.45 million is available in Western Australia
- The Scheme will open on 8 April 2021 and will close on 30 June 2023. The Scheme will close earlier if funds are fully committed before the published closing date. Rebates are subject to the availability of funds.
Should you read on?
To help decide whether you are eligible to apply for funds under this Scheme, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- I am a primary producer with an established commercial apple and or pear orchard in Western Australia.
- I earn at least 50% of my income from primary production.
- I have paid for the materials and installation for permanent netting over established apple and/or pear plantings since 16 December 2019.
- I have all the necessary planning and building approvals required for the permanent netting I have had installed.
To receive a rebate under this Scheme you must:
- demonstrate that you meet the eligibility criteria (see page 5 of guidelines attached to this page)
- submit an application online, ensuring all required supporting information and documents are uploaded and are legible.
All enquiries about the Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Scheme in WA may be made by:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0418 911 111