The Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme (IHGS) program is a component of the state funded Agribusiness Innovation Fund (AIF), managed by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
The Grants Scheme is focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the Western Australian industrial hemp industry.
Successful recipientsMore than $300 000 has been awarded to drive the growth of WA's hemp industry.
Find out more about the six successful projects.
The grants scheme will target projects capable of driving growth and competitiveness at enterprise, value chain level or whole of industry level to assist the industry to:
- Develop better connected systems / connectivity that promotes information sharing
- Undertake research in plant varieties that are suitable for WA
- Develop a better understanding of processing opportunities for industrial hemp
- Develop markets for industrial hemp products
- Purchase of capital equipment, major infrastructure and specialist equipment.
About the Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme
- Individual grants from a minimum of $20 000 up to a maximum $100 000 for projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits to the industrial hemp industry in Western Australia.
- Grants are focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the industrial hemp industry in Western Australia.
- Funded projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
- Successful grant holders need to make a matching cash contribution to the project.
- Successful projects were selected through a competitive, merit-based process by an independent selection panel.
For more information, contact Ralph Deluca via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 (0)8 9368 3124.