The Australian regulatory system for GM crops
- The Office of the Gene Technology Regulator is the lead Australian agency for the regulation of dealings with GM organisms.
- The Legislative and Governance Forum on Gene Technology (previously known as the Gene Technology Ministerial Council) governs the activities of the Gene Technology Regulator.
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand regulates GM foods.
- The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority regulate the use of pesticides applied to GM crops.
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration regulates GM products used as medicines.
GM crops in Australia
- Cotton Australia is the main body representing the Australian cotton growing industry.
- Grain Trade Australia facilitates the efficient trade of Australian grain by standardising grain standards, trade rules and grain contracts across the Australian grain supply chain.
- The Australian Oilseed Federation promotes the development, expansion and improvement of Australian oilseed production.
GM crops world-wide
- The International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications provides and annual report on the worldwide status of GM crops.
Peer-reviewed information on GM crops
- The Google Scholar search engine provides access to peer-reviewed articles on all topics including GM.
- Peer-reviewed articles have been read by several scholars in the same field and the scholars have decided the experiments and conclusions meet scientific standards and the publication is suitable for publication.