Western Australia has many competitive advantages as a location for beef production, processing and exporting to target markets.
- production of high quality, safe, traceable, eco-friendly, ethically produced beef
- high cattle health status, free from major transmissible diseases, backed by supply chain quality assurance programs
- availability of a large range of cattle breeds and pasture types used to convert the natural feed base into beef
- size of the WA beef industry provides for relatively short supply chains ensuring a responsive capability to customer needs and product specifications
- a variety of climate zones enabling reliable year-round supply from Mediterranean climates in the south to semi-arid rangelands in the Mid West to sub-tropical savannah in the north
- production benchmarking provides reliable cost estimates for different production models
- a safe and low sovereign risk investment environment with Australia ranked number five on the index of Economic Freedom World Ranking – 2016
- long standing trade and supply relationships with Asian and foreign market customers that purchase approximately 70% of WA’s agrifood exports
- shares the same time zone with many Asian countries.