To view successful recipients please visit https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/agricultural-exports/export-competitiveness-grants-successful-recipients
The Export Competitiveness Grants (ECG) program is a component of the Agricultural Sciences R&D Fund project which is focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the Western Australian agrifood sector
The ECG program will target projects capable of driving growth and competitiveness at enterprise, value chain level or whole of industry level in the below broad areas
World class production systems, characterised by:
- High yields
- Large operations
- Proven/scalable systems
Efficient primary/wholesale/value-adding processing, characterised by:
- Efficiency and productivity
- At scale to be competitive in export markets
Please review the Pathways to Competitive Report which shows key insights and lessons for firms, industry and government towards achieving international competitiveness.
About the ECG Grants
- Individual grants of between $50 000 and $250 000 available for projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits to the Western Australian agrifood sector.
- Grants are focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the Western Australian agrifood sector.
- Funded projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
- Successful grant holders will need to make a matching cash contribution to the project.
- Successful projects will be selected through a competitive, merit-based process by an independent selection panel.
- Applications will close at exactly 5pm (WST) on Friday 20 April, 2018.
Entities that meet all the following criteria are eligible to apply for a grant:
- Western Australian based legal entities with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST that are capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the Western Australian Government.
- The entity’s main source of income (50 per cent or more) must be derived from the production and/or primary, wholesale or value-adding processing of agrifood products grown or manufactured in WA.
- The entity must have been in operation for over 12 months, and already undertaking some export-related activities
How to apply
- Read the Export Competitiveness Grants Guidelines, and toolkit located on the right hand side of the page
- Applications must contain sufficient information to demonstrate the proposed project aligns with the focus and scope of Export Competitiveness Grants program. More information on this can be found in the Guidelines on the right hand side of the page.
- Applications from eligible organisations must be submitted online using the SmartyGrants application form available at: https://agric.smartygrants.com.au/ECG(ExportCompetitivenessGrant). To help you fill in your application, there is a word version of what appears on smarty grants located on the right hand side of the page. The word version can not be submitted, however will show you what information is required.