Join our Win-Win Negotiations Workshop, brought to you by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) and Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL). This is a free event that aims to give food and agribusinesses the skills and processes to negotiate more effectively, as well as the confidence to negotiate the best possible deals.
You will be provided with tools, techniques and learnings to help with planning the pitch. These learnings will be useful when trying to gain internal company support or even convince the bank manager to extend some funds!
THIS WORKSHOP WILL INCLUDE:
• Book the meeting. How do you even get one and with whom – what is your hook?
• Develop a compelling selling presentation that engages the retailer
• Understand basic buyer metrics and KPI’s
• Shape your commercial proposition – why will it be interesting to the buyer?
• Overcome objections and avoid being forced into concessions early in the engagement
• Foundation negotiation. Once you have a nibble, you won’t be caught off guard!
• Summary of the ‘rules of the game’ when negotiating with retailers
Upon completion, you will need to apply the skills learned as quickly as possible to ensure that you have mastered them. We will provide a follow-up support service and encourage all participants to seek guidance from trainers.
Typically, we find the following areas are most requested:
• How to respond to a retailer’s requests
• Process queries – ‘how do I best do it?’
• Grocery Code or Competition Law queries
Please register by 24 May 2019