The department's Sheep Industry Business Innovation (SIBI) project is offering a series of five live and interactive webinars focusing on financially intelligent business decision making for sheep within mixed farming enterprises (delivered weekly).
These webinars are to be delivered by Doug Watson, experienced independent facilitator of financial and business management training.
By the end of this pilot programme of five webinars you will understand how to:
- use basic financial information to inform essential business decisions
- interpret the three key financial statements
- use strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating your business's financial position
- conduct a financial health check and act on the results
- make short term decisions aligned to your medium to long term goals
- be proactive rather than reactive
- benchmark yourself not others
- work collaboratively with your bank
- understand your tax return.
No financial knowledge required, but access to your farm’s financial information will support the key learnings of the programme.
The webinars series is free to all eligible applicants and includes training notes, individual phone support between webinars and access to recorded sessions. The webinars are being funded by the department's SIBI project.
Dates and times
- Webinar 1: Financial Basics – 13th March 2018
- Webinar 2: Longer Term Financial Decisions – 21st March 2018
- Webinar 3: Medium Term Financial Decisions – 28th March 2018
- Webinar 4: Short Term Financial Decisions – 3rd April 2018
- Webinar 5: Managing Financial Risks – 10th April 2018
Webinars are one hour to one and a half hours in length and the delivery time is 9am.
Participants can enjoy learning and participating in this programme while in the comfort of their own home. Participants will need access to a computer/laptop/mobile device with internet connection.
Registration is essential by 10 March to Kylie Cutten, as places are available for only 12 enterprises. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 (0)400 181 406.