Industrial hemp growers and potential growers are invited to attend a seed workshop in Bunbury focusing on varieties, varietal protection, seed quality and trade of seed. This event is a collaboration between DPIRD, iHempWA and HempGro.
- Professor Wallace Cowling, UWA – Challenges in breeding hemp for multiple markets
- Rob Bell, Bell Pasture Seeds – Seed cleaning, drying and storing
- Michael Davies, DPIRD – Seed certification
- Marcia Vistisen, DPIRD – Seed testing
- Gail Stubber, HempGro – Importing hemp seed
- Patricia Elphinstone, DPIRD – Hemp food basics
- Shahajahan Miyan, DPIRD – Seed quality
Admission is free – Bookings are required as seating is limited. Go to the iHempWA website to register by 30 August.
For more information please contact Rachelle Johnstone