My role in the department
During Liz’s time at DPIRD, developers have invested time to teach Liz Ionic framework methodologies and deployment processes to develop mobile applications. This has allowed Liz to complete the technical functionality for our Disease modelling and Lambing planner apps. Liz has also learnt how to deploy DPIRD apps for both iOS and Android stores, which include the facilitation of our testing environments. These learned skills are crucial for our project deliverables and Liz provides the necessary support to the team to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders involved.
Liz as a Junior Full Stack Developer, can communicate effectively with her team and stakeholders, prioritise tasks, break down complex problems into smaller parts, collaborate with her team, take ownership of her work and be responsible for meeting deadlines. She has strong organisation skills with attention to detail and an eagerness for learning and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- SclerotiniaCM: use a forecasting model to assist canola growers with fungicide application decisions, on a paddock by paddock basis, and the likely economic returns from those decisions. Upgrades for mobile use to attract wider variety of audience
- Lambing Planner: A simple tool that allows sheep managers to map the breeding cycle for sheep and gives key recommendations on management operations that make up the breeding cycle. Worked in a team to rebuild the app using modern code and frameworks.
- StripeRustW: Uses a forecasting model to assist wheat growers with fungicide application decisions, on a paddock by paddock basis, and the likely economic returns from those decisions. Upgrades for mobile use to attract a wider variety of audience
- PowderyMildew: Uses a forecasting model to assist mungbean growers with fungicide application decisions, on a paddock by paddock basis, and the likely economic returns from those decisions. Upgrading for mobile use to attract a wider variety of audience
- Certificate of Coding Completion as a Full Stack Developer | University of Western Australia | 2021 - 2022