Current containment program
The EHB containment program established at the conclusion of the eradication program focuses on surveillance and regulatory activities to support the identification and localised eradication of EHB infestations in RMZs outside of pine plantations.
The EHB containment program focus on:
- supporting adherence to EHB regulations under ARRPA State-wide communication activities to ensure awareness of EHB
- intensive surveillance of potential host pine trees in Perth affected suburbs
- emphasis on management strategies to support the community in reducing EHB spread and infestation. Negotiation with landowners to disinfest EHB infestations
- education of business and landowners to prevent EHB infestation and minimise further EHB spread by human movement of pinewood articles
- EHB training for pest controllers available through Challenger Institute of Technology, to ensure inspectors will be a valuable source of information and assistance for home owners concerned about EHB infestation
- negotiations with local governments to seek their continued involvement in EHB education and other related issues.
There will also be consultation with other key stakeholders, such as the housing and timber industries, to discuss effective management strategies to deal with EHB in the future.
Information on any new EHB management arrangements will be made available on this website.