My role in the department
I am Manager of the Mosaic Agriculture component of DPIRD’s Northern Beef Futures project, funded by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program.
Mosaic Agriculture seeks to enhance the value of the northern cattle industry in WA through the use of irrigated forage production and improved dryland pastures.
Together with support from Meat and Livestock Australia’s donor company we are focussing on forage species that are matched to the environment and animal production system, supported by an evidence-based weed risk management process.
I have more than 30 years experience in agricultural research and industry development of pastures in crop and livestock farming systems in Australia at DPIRD and as an adjunct professor at the University of Western Australia. My experience combines a background in project management, pasture breeding and agronomy, farming systems research, development and communication and research administration.
- Mosaic Agriculture sub-project in the Northern Beef Futures project
- Sheep Industry Innovation
- PhD Agriculture, University of Western Australia
- BSc in Agriculture with Honours, University of Western Australia
- Diploma of Project Management (Central Institute of Technology)