Students will identify the network of people and activities involved in the agribusiness industry.
Australian Curriculum: Humanities and Social Sciences
Economics and Business
- Year 6 - The reasons businesses exist and the different ways they provide goods and services (ACHEK011)
- Ipad for research
- Supply chain cards – Apple industry
- Case study - Nigel Andrews – A career in transport logistics
- Worksheet 1 - Brainstorming chart
- What’s on your plate cards?
A video on the farming industry, its size and supply chain. Published by the Australian Year of the Farmer 2012 (Accessed 30 August 2015).
Whole class introduction
Australian farmers are supported by a large, innovative agricultural services industry. There are employment opportunities at every stage of the agricultural supply chain which, when including the food and fibre industries, employs over 1.6 million Australians. This is set to get bigger.
With the increasing world population and global demand for Australian products, farmers will need to grow more food and fibre, and will continue to provide lots of jobs and business opportunities to many different people in our community.