My role in the department
Christine works within the Farming Systems Innovation Directorate of the Primary Industries Pillar. Her focus is to enable innovative farming systems that create wealth and enhance the liveability of regional landscapes and the resource base through:
- frontline situational awareness and analysis of seasonal issues, emergencies, and regional farming system
- contributing to strategic partnership management including between DPIRD and the GGA
- enabling industry innovation through targeted analysis
- Regional Office management at agreed sites.
Improving sustainability and profitability of broadacre agricultural systems and reducing farming system risks, has been Christine's focus since joining the Department in 1990. She has collaborated with growers and agribusiness in the Mid West and Wheatbelt to undertake research focussed on wheat and canola agronomy, integrated weed management and farming system integration - supported by co-investment from the WA Government and GRDC.
- Farming Systems Innovation - Regional Intelligence and Adoption – Mid West region (current).
- Tactical Wheat Agronomy for the West 2015-2019 (DAW00249). Completed DPIRD and GRDC co-investment.
- Early seeding: a climate change adaptation method in the Northeast Agriculture Region of WA 2015 (DAW00253). Completed DPIRD and GRDC co-investment.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Honours, University of Western Australia
- Diploma of Project Management, Central Institute of Technology
- Diploma of Business (Frontline Management), Modal, Accredited Training Facility