|Property||Tim, Dave and Fiona Osborne’s, Eldred Road Salmon Gums|
|Agzone 5||Growing season rainfall (GSR) = 206mm, GSR + stored water (estimate) = 277mm|
|Soil type||sandy loam (0.8% organic carbon)|
|Paddock rotation||2012 - heat, 2011 - barley, 2010 - canola|
|Sowing date||17 April 2013|
|Fertiliser||99kg/ha of Allstar at seeding (13.1%N, 14.8%P, 15%S, 0.1% Cu, 0.2% Zn, 7ppm Mo, 0.02% Mn), 120kg/ha of muriate of potash and 400kg/ha of gypsum (17% Ca, 14% S) topdressed over whole site four weeks after seeding, 145L/ha of UAN (32%N) in June|
|Treatments||36: 2 HT - Herbicide tolerant canola (TT and RR). |
TT– OP = CB Telfer TT and Hybrid = Hyola 450TT.
RR - OP = GT Viper, Hybrid = Hyola 404 RR.
Eight densities of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60 or 80 plants/m2
Assumptions used in gross margins
- Oil bonus +/- 1.5% per unit of oil (%) either side of 42%, with no oil ceiling
- Additional costs such as seeding, harvest, insecticides assumed to be $100/ha
- Nitrogen costs $1/kg, application costs $8/ha
- RR costs – seed $31/kg, herbicides $28/ha, grain worth $482/t (CBH Pool Esperance 5 November 2013)
- TT costs – seed $2/kg, herbicides $47/ha, grain worth $502/t (CBH Pool Esperance 5 November 2013)