Biosecurity & quarantine
The Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (DAFWA) works with primary industries to safeguard our agricultural resources from biological threats and to maintain our export opportunities.
The State’s reputation is underpinned by a comprehensive biosecurity and quarantine system, developed and operated by DAFWA.
DAFWA is involved with:
- creation of surveillance and diagnostic programs
- animal and plant risk assessments
- importing and exporting requirements
- creating mechanisms to respond to incursions
- livestock movement and identification
- development and maintenance of biosecurity and quarantine legislation.
To find out more about what we do to protect agricultural production and export opportunities within the State please search our website.