The aim of the Biosecurity Blitz is to collect as much information as we can over a short period to get a snapshot of the presence or absence of pests across the state.
A report of any organism counts, so feel free to just get out there and make reports. For those who like a more structured citizen science survey or you wish to create your own surveillance programme for schools, we've prepared a list of targeted surveillance activities for you to do anytime of the year.
During the Biosecurity Blitz from 19 Oct to 16 Nov we encourage everyone to sign up to particpate in the Blitz and challenge you to 30 activities in 30 days. Are you interested? Register now to do the:
- 30-Day Challenge - incorporating some of the targeted activities below, and so much more! View the 30-day calendar of activities, get your passport, download a reporting tool and get blitzing.
- School Challenge - create your own school challenge and join forces to engage your community to explore and discover new places during the Biosecurity Blitz period from 19 October to 16 November.
- Aphids of my eye
- Are you a bit rusty, Myrtle?
- Blitzing blueberry rust
- Blitzing fire ants
- Brown, stinky and rude
- Citrus galls having a ball
- Curious about caterpillars?
- Dung kings donuts
- European house borers are not boring
- European wasp whisperers
- Liver fluking fun
- Taming ants that tramp
- TPP trapping