Explore and survey what's living nearby
We developed a set of 30 surveillance activities following the five themes below to illustrate our relationship with pests and the environment. This should lead to a better understanding that by protecting plants we all support agricultural production, the environment and help boost our own economic development.
Everyone who takes on these challenge will appreciate protecting plants from pests and diseases is a more cost-effective strategy to dealing with plant health emergencies, so you and your community can enjoy the great Australian lifestyle each day.
- Take a walk in the wild
- Meet the urban dwellers!
- Peek-a-boo, I see you!
- When the sun goes down
- Follow the green highway
Take the activities with you on your journey and read them at your leisure.
Make 10 reports to reach the Beginner level or complete all 30 activities to achieve Boffin status and win a prize.
What's a boffin?
- a modern-day wizard.
- a scientist, engineer or other person engaged in technical or scientific research and development.
- a person with knowledge or a skill considered to be complex or arcane.
What's the prize?
IF you reach ‘Boffin’ status you will win:
- An invitation to attend the virtual National surveillance workshop (9 to 10 December 2020).
- A lifetime membership to the new Pest Surveillance Network Australasia Pacific (PSNAP), including:
- A subscription to the SNAP newsletter to keep you informed of surveillance activities across Australasia.
- Access to a news board to get the insider's scoop on upcoming professional development opportunities.