A high-performing cattle industry is vital to creating a more robust and profitable agriculture sector in WA’s north.
The Productivity and Capacity pillar of the Northern Beed Development project targets research, encourages cooperation, collaboration, networking and training to maintain the north’s competitive advantages to see the region reach its economic potential.
Improving performance behind the farm gate will assist producers to consistently meet market specifications for livestock and build a reputation for producing high quality livestock products for market.
Key areas of focus include:
- research and development aimed at boosting livestock performance through increased herd efficiency and grazing management
- improving management practices of producers through targeted training and masterclasses
- encouraging knowledge exchange and networking within the industry through support to field days and conferences
- supporting an increase in Aboriginal participation in events, training and through the supply chain
- building strategic linkages with the supply chain in the southern regions of WA
- pursuing new industry infrastructure opportunities
- improving animal welfare outcomes